Hope Generating Day is celebrated annually on the 5th of May. The celebration allows both individual citizens and organisations within wider society to celebrate the broad meaning of hope in a variety of ways.
International Hope Generating Day is the dream and creation of Janelle Breese Biagoni. This special day is her way of placing a strong spotlight on our own ability to spin hope to new heights as well as the hope of those in our life and community.
A Day For Hope & Gratitude
The awareness of the benefits of having time in one’s life for hope and gratitude, along with positive reflection have become increasingly apparent. The intention for Hope Generating Day is that by taking time, one day a year, to reflect on the many amazing things and people we have in our lives, and the hope it brings during times of chaos or stress can positively impact our well-being and make us happier, more contented people.
1. Gratitute is a powerful hope generating tool. Take a moment to find one thing you are extremely grateful for today and keep it top of mind!
2. Do you have a dream or goal you would like to achieve? If so, write it down and with it why you can and will accomplish it.
3. List areas in your community where you can help raise hope in others that have less than you do.
4. List all the things you enjoy doing. Have you done any of them lately? If not, pick one that raises hope and do it today.
5. You've gone through and survived difficult cirumstances in your life. Help someone going through a tough moment. Let them know hope is alive.
6. Create a beautiful hope ritual. One that will help generate feelings of hope when you need it.
7. Read the biography of someone you admire. Discover how they used the power of hope to get them through their darkest moments ie. Sir Winston Churchill.
Open up your heart and spread the power and energy of hope. You grow and so do those around you!
International Hope Generating Day